Survivor Support Groups in South Dakota
Pierre/Central South Dakota
- Avera/St. Mary’s Foundation: Monthly support group meets the 14th of every month @ 6:30pm and is open to all adult survivors of suicide. Meetings are held at: Capital University Center – 925 E. Sioux Avenue, Pierre, SD.
- Contact: Julie Moore; Avera St. Mary’s Foundation; 605-224-3451, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Front Porch Coalition: Suicide Grief Education/Support Class meets for 8 consecutive weeks, twice per year, in evenings. Pre-registration is required. Group is facilitated by peers who serve on the organization’s LOSS team. Donations are accepted but not required.
- Contact: Stephanie Schweitzer-Dixon; 605-348-6692, email@example.com
- Black Hills Area Survivors of Suicide Support Group: Group meets the 2nd Tuesday of every month from 7:00-9:00pm at First Congregational Church, 1200 Clark Street. Group is facilitated by a peer and there is no charge.
- Contact: Laura Boyd; 605-721-7720, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helpline Center: Surviving After Suicide Education/Support Class meets on 10 consecutive Tuesday evenings, several times per year from 7-8:30pm. Pre-registration is required. Donations are accepted, but not required.
- An ongoing Support Group meets the 1st Thursday of each month from 7-8:30pm. There is no charge to attend.
- Contact:Sheri Nelson; 605-339-4357, email@example.com