Adult Mental Health First Aid Training
8:30 am Friday, December 4, 2020 until 2:00 pm Friday, December 4, 2020
Objectives of the course:
- To introduce Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) and the role of a Mental Health First Aider.
- To give an overview of the prevalence and impact of mental health problems in the United States.
- To introduce the Mental Health First Aid Action Plan and how it fits within the array of interventions available to address mental health problems.
- To give an overview of the signs, symptoms, and possible risk factors and warning signs of mental health problems.
- To demonstrate the Mental Health First Aid Plan for someone who is experiencing a crisis.
The training requires completion of 2 hours of self-paced online course preparation and 4 hours of virtual training lead by two certified MHFA instructors. Once registration is complete, you will receive an email with a link to the on-line training and a link to the virtual training. The 2-hour online training needs to be completed before the virtual training.
The value of this course is $150. We are able to offer the course for $30 because of grant funding for the program. Participants who successfully complete all components of the training (pre-work, course) will receive a hard copy of the MHFA Manual.
Registration required, to register: https://extension.sdstate.edu/event/adult-mental-health-first-aid-virtual-training-13