Survivor Support Groups in South Dakota
- Front Porch Coalition: Suicide Grief Education/Support Class meets for 8 consecutive weeks, twice per year, in the evenings. Pre-registration is required. Group is facilitated by peers who serve on the organization’s LOSS team. Donations are accepted but not required.
- An ongoing Support Group meets the 4th Saturday of each month from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM at the 1st Congregational UCC Church at 1200 Clark Street.
- Contact: Bridget Marshall; (605) 348-6692; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helpline Center: Surviving After Suicide Education/Support Class meets on 9 consecutive Tuesday evenings, from 7-8:30pm. The class is held three times per year (January, April, September). Pre-registration is required. Donations are accepted, but not required.
- An ongoing Support Group meets the 3rd Thursday of each month from 7:00-8:30pm. There is no charge to attend. The support group and support class are for adults 18+.
- Our monthly virtual support group provides survivors with a powerful community that comes together to share, reflect on, and experience that complex grief that accompanies losing a loved one to death by suicide. Our support group is a safe & confidential space that looks to provide hope to survivors no matter where they are in their grief journey. There is no fee. Must be 18 years old to attend. Register for the Survivor of Suicide Loss Virtual Support Group.
- Contact: Wendy Mamer, 605-274-1416, email@example.com
- Location: 3817 S. Elmwood Avenue | Sioux Falls, SD 57105
- Paul Taggart Foundation: Anchoring to Hope Suicide Bereavement Group is a support group for adults who have experienced suicide loss. This groups meets every other week on Monday nights from 7-8:30. This is an open group located at Vision Real Estate in the Board Room. Screening will occur before the group for new members, please come 30 minutes early (6:30). There is no cost to attend the group.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org